Sunday, March 13, 2022

Wine Tasting: Bay Bridge White Zinfandel

 


Name: Bay Bridge Vineyards White Zinfandel

Variety: Zinfandel

Region: Livermore Valley, CA

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $5

Critic Review: "Pale salmon orange color. Candied aromas and flavors of watermelon candies, apple lollipop, and cherry taffy with a satiny, crisp, dryish light body and a smooth, medium-length finish with no oak flavor. A very fruity Rosé for summertime fun." -https://www.tastings.com/Wine-Review/Bay-Bridge-Vineyards-NV-White-Zinfandel-California-USA-10-15-2020.aspx

Wine Folly: (page 189) The text does not provide information specific to white or pink Zinfandel styles, but I made my best interpretation from the book. Zinfandels tend to be fruit forward with strawberries, peach, and raspberry. They also have some flavors of spice like cinnamon and pepper. It may or may not have floral or herbal notes.

My Review: I forgot to set it in the refrigerator prior to tasting, and I did not decant. After swirling, I picked up scents of acidic lime zest, some cherry, and an overall cherry limeade or artificial watermelon smell. Upon tasting, I took notice of the high amount of malic acid in the wine from the bite on my tongue. It had a surprising grapy sweetness to it and few tannins. It may have also had a hint of rose in it. It reminded me of a sour watermelon jolly rancher. I really enjoyed the wine, and I can definitely see myself buying it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Second Wine and Cheese Pairing

Pinot Noir and Le Gruyere The Pinot Noir smelled of fresh leather, earth, dried black cherry, plum, and cranberry. On its own, it tasted of ...