Sunday, March 6, 2022

Wine Tasting: Cupcake Vineyards Moscato d'Asti


Name
: Cupcake Vineyards Moscato d'Asti

Variety: Moscato

Region: Livermore, CA

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $10

Critic Review: "There aren't enough titles I could give this. Cupcake has swooned me, captured my heart, ran with it and isn't coming back! It's a vibrant and floral, yet bursting with tropical fruit and a sparkling refreshing sweetness. If ever you needed a bottle of Moscato D'Asti to have has your go to bottle this should be it. I’d recommend it to someone who has a preference to sweet wines or for anyone who's new to the wonderful world of wines. It's a fun wine, great for any occasion and maybe even a special occasion wine. I would recommend keeping it nice and chilled to temper the sweetness. It is a dessert wine, so pairing it with semi-sweet desserts is a nice pair. I have it with EVERYTHING though lol!" -https://www.influenster.com/reviews/cupcake-moscato-dasti-white-wine-750ml-bottle

Wine Folly: On page 138 of the text, it describes Muscat Blanc, which the sparkling form is Moscato d'Asti. It is supposed to be pretty floral with honeysuckle and orange blossom. It should also have a citrus taste of Meyer lemon and mandarin orange. Some have notes of pear as well.

My Review: I recently reviewed a Moscato d'Asti from Italy which I found to be fairly dry, but this one from California is much sweeter in comparison. I got subtle fruit flavors of nectarine and peach with a sweet honey-like compliment. I did not get much of the floral component, however. I think that this wine is best suited for desserts, and I will definitely try it again in the future with a fruity dessert pairing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Second Wine and Cheese Pairing

Pinot Noir and Le Gruyere The Pinot Noir smelled of fresh leather, earth, dried black cherry, plum, and cranberry. On its own, it tasted of ...