Sunday, March 6, 2022

Wine Tasting: Risata Moscato d'Asti

 


Name: Risata Moscato d'Asti

Variety: Moscato and Muscat

Region: Asti

Country: Italy

Year: 2020

Price: $12

Critic Review: "Risata Moscato d' Asti D.O.C.G. is from the world renowned Asti region in Northern Italy Seductively sweet, with juicy flavors of peach and apricot with hints of honey and citrus. Hand-harvested Moscato bianco grapes are selected from the finest hillside vineyards in all of Asti. Enjoy with appetizers, spicy Asian dishes, with sweet desserts or simply on its own." -https://www.influenster.com/reviews/risata-italian-moscato-dasti-wine

Wine Folly: On page 138 of the text, it describes Muscat Blanc, which the sparkling form is Moscato d'Asti. It is supposed to be pretty floral with honeysuckle and orange blossom. It should also have a citrus taste of Meyer lemon and mandarin orange. Some have notes of pear as well.

My Review: I decided to chill my bottle before serving as it is a sparkling wine. I found it to be easy to drink and had a pleasant acidic mouthfeel. It is fairly dry. I got good flavors of orange and a slight sweetness of honey. It was well balanced in my opinion. I think that it would be great on a hot summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Second Wine and Cheese Pairing

Pinot Noir and Le Gruyere The Pinot Noir smelled of fresh leather, earth, dried black cherry, plum, and cranberry. On its own, it tasted of ...