Sunday, February 27, 2022

Wine Tasting: Duplin Red Sangria

 

Name: Duplin Sangria (Red)

Variety: Muscadine

Region: Rose Hill, NC

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $9

Critic Review: "For a premade sangria, this is absolutely amazing. I love fruity sweet wines, so this one is right up my alley. I’ve bought it multiple times and will continue to do so. Their prices are great and the alcohol content is higher than many others."

Wine Folly: The text does not have any information on either sangria or muscadine wines.

My Review: I got smells of maraschino cherries, artificial strawberry, cherry cough syrup, and a bit of smokiness. It had an overly sweet and medicinal quality. Upon tasting, I noted that it was similar to a mix of cough syrup and fruit punch Kool-Aid. It was definitely too sweet for my palate. It also had a very thick body that coated the mouth nicely. I do not think that I will try this wine again due to its intense sweetness, but I would recommend it to friends who enjoy such flavors as a dessert wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Second Wine and Cheese Pairing

Pinot Noir and Le Gruyere The Pinot Noir smelled of fresh leather, earth, dried black cherry, plum, and cranberry. On its own, it tasted of ...