Sunday, February 27, 2022

Wine Tasting: French Blue Bordeaux Rose

Name: French Blue Bordeaux Rose
Variety: 70% Cabernet Franc & 30% Merlot
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2020
Price: $13

Critic Review: "French Blue 2020 Bordeaux Rosé is quite simply the belle of the ball. Made from red wine grapes selected and expressly harvested for being made as a rosé wine with a gentle pressing to gain a light hue of pink, with the utmost care taken to preserve the delicate flavors and aromas. With a beautiful robe the color of a pale pink peony, the wine glistens in the glass. The beautiful floral bouquet is reminiscent of lilacs and summer berries, while the palate bursts with bright citrus and luscious strawberry notes." -https://www.frenchbluewine.com/

Wine Folly: Rose does not appear in the text, so I decided to reference cabernet franc as it is the majority grape in the blend on page 86. I did not get any spicy or earthy flavors. I did taste fruit like strawberry and raspberry, but they were very tart. I chilled my wine as it was a rose, and I did not decant.

My Review: I picked up smells of apple and some cherry along with melon and grapefruit, but I also got the smell of a dry erase marker. The taste was comparable to a watermelon jolly rancher as it was a tart, watery, and slightly fruity taste. I also got flavors of green apple and lemon water. I found it to be acidic and bity on the tongue. I think that this wine would be best enjoyed on a hot summer day. Overall, it was a tart wine but enjoyable enough to try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Second Wine and Cheese Pairing

Pinot Noir and Le Gruyere The Pinot Noir smelled of fresh leather, earth, dried black cherry, plum, and cranberry. On its own, it tasted of ...